The Agricultural Values Chain Development Project (AVC_DP) signed 3 collaboration protocols with its implementing technical partners on Tuesday, September 25th, 2018, in the MINADER’s conference hall, ceremony under the chairmanship of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER).
The AVC_DP has among its objectives to reduce poverty in rural areas, through the promotion of the competitiveness of oil palm, pineapple and plantain value chains, sources of wealth and employment, especially for the youths.
For its operationalization and within the framework of a proximity approach, the AVC_DP has planned to rely on technical partners in charge, on one hand, the implementation of the support mechanisms of the actors of the value chains for the market-oriented development, and on the other hand, to identify and remove the constraints inherent in the development of targeted sectors. It is in this logic that the signature of these collaboration protocols took place.
The signing of these collaboration protocols contributes to the implementation of component 2 of the AVC_DP, entitled “Development of sectors of agricultural value chains”, it marks an agreement and a decisive turning point in the collaboration between AVC_DP and its technical partners Which are: the Cameroon Union of Palm Oil Operators (UNEXPLAM), the Network of Horticulturists of Cameroon (RHORTICAM) and the National Program for the Development of Fruit Crops (PNDCF). The National Coordinator of the AVC_DP, Mr. MAHAMAT ABAKAR co-signed protocols with the leaders of the structures, namely Mr. ONGUENE Florent, RHORTICAM’s President; Mr MPOUMA Claude Leonard UNEXPALM’s President and Mr. AVOM Eric PNDCF’s Coordinator.
Such collaboration protocols include among others;
For the PNDCF:
- – To promote the use of vitro-plants and plants derived from stem fragments;
- – To promote the marketing of fresh plantain;
- – To promote the processing and marketing of derived products;
- – To strengthen the institutional, organizational and technical capacities of the actors of the sector;
- – To facilitate the actors access to the available financing.
- – To support in the production of quality oil palm seedlings, in connection with IRAD;
- – To support in the processing of oil products and by-products;
- – To strengthen the institutional, organizational and technical capacities of oil palm operators, including UNEXPLAM as an umbrella organization;
- – To participate in facilitating the actors access to the various sources of funding which are available.
- – To promote the construction of an improved and sustainable seed database of pineapple with IRAD;
- – To supervise the actors for a quality production;
- – To promote the export of quality and the label “Pineapple Cameroon”;
- – To support the nascent pineapple processing industry;
- – To strengthen the institutional, organizational and technical capacities of the actors of the sector and of RHORTICAM itself as the umbrella organization;
- – To facilitate the access of the actors of the sector to the different sources of available financing.
The head of the Ministerial Department in charge of Agriculture and Rural Development expressed his satisfaction for this collaboration, which constitutes a significant step forward in the implementation of second generation agriculture and this for the greater good of farmers and the economy of Cameroon. He urged all stakeholders involved in the implementation of the AVC_DP to play each one in his / her own role, its partition to achieve the objectives set in the Project.